Saturday, April 27, 2013

What I Long For

It's taken me some time to realize that, I'm not longing for a husband, a more attentive grandpa, a more understanding father, a more protective brother, or a more stable guy in my life, in all, I'm longing for Jesus. These guys in my life, as well as the girls, will all fall short in the end, and never be enough to satisfy my soul, but Christ is enough. He is the loving husband, the attentive grandfather, the adoring father, the protective brother, and the only stable male in my life. Understand, I'm not dismissing every guy in my life, I love the wonderful guys God has put in my path. I love my dad, my grandpa, my brothers, my friends, but they are human, and need Jesus as much as I do. He is the father that is never disappointed and always makes you feel like a princess. The grandfather that is always there. The brother that treats you like His own daughter. The man that comes into your life and sees you in a way, no one else saw you before, for who you truly are, and He loves it. He is everything you dream of; everything you think doesn't exist. He's real.

No comments:

Post a Comment